Let’s talk about converting Facebook posts…From our research we have identified that when businesses post on Facebook they are usually looking for one of two outcomes: Customer Engagement or They are aiming to Convert Facebook Posts to sales.
Both of these are equally important to your business and usually you are trying to do both.
Our first piece of advice on converting Facebook posts is to set goals and be specific about what you are setting out to achieve from your Facebook post. This will help you better be able to track and monitor your goals and continue to produce data. This data allows you to keep refining your content and your process which benefits you and your client. We are going to looking at some tips for how to get your Facebook posts to have a high conversion rate.
We are so accustomed to blankly scrolling through Facebook without even really taking in most of what we are seeing (guilty!). Often it’s not until a funny video or some deliciously mouth watering video from Buzzfeed’s Proper Tasty is the only thing that makes us stop and watch and tag your signifiant other in hopes they will suggest Uber eats for dinner 😂🤤.
Apply that to your business posts – there is a fine line between brand continuity and putting people (including potential clients) to sleep.
- Make sure your posts or ads meet facebook’s design recommendations – make sure your images are the right size, quality and will work for a variety of devices to avoid looking like a novice!
- The 20% rule: our experience tells us that images that contain more than 20% text have reduced delivery to their clients. Have a read of what Facebook’s identifies as too much text in an image.
- Avoid a yawn and skip the same repetitive images you’ve been using over and over again with a slightly different angle or quote. Studies show that stock images get a big scroll on. – keep your images relevant, fresh and interesting.
- User experience! Studies show that over 80% of users will be viewing your ad’s or posts on a mobile device. Make sure you are aware that just because something looks great on your desktop doesn’t mean it will always look great on a mobile, so check it before you post to maximise converting Facebook posts .
Copy is King
This is where you bring life to your image or video. Let your Brand speak..show your personality! The goal is to speak to your end reader..feel free to mix it up too! a little humour never hurt no body.
– YAWN ALERT – Avoid Jargon, inside jokes, and the same receptive text. 😴
A good rule of thumb is the old 8 second rule…If it’s not engaging someone in within the first 8 seconds chances are it’s not working. That doesn’t mean that long posts are necessarily bad, just keep it engaging. Feel free to experiment and see when and what works best for you to best increase converting Facebook posts.
Call to Action
This is where the purpose of your post really shines…what is the “why” behind the “what”?
This is often in the form of a button, a link, or an irresistible offer! Choose your “verbs” based on what you want them to do. For example: last offer, sign up, subscribe, apply, free download, FREE etc.
Make sure you keep it simple, only one call to action in a post and don’t make it repetitive.
Facebook has some great targeting abilities when it comes to ads. There are a few different ways you can approach targeting.
Likewise, both organic and paid ads are great tools for your business. Therefore, one of the most important factors in both are knowing your audience. Don’t always assume your Facebook audience is the same as your other social platforms. Identify the majority: age, gender, location, interests. As a result, we identify who gives the most engagement and what time they seem to be most active or engaged online. Then target away! continue to tweak and collect data always – there is no “one size fits all” solution to Facebook Ad’s and it’s a bit of trial and error when best trying to find what works for your Facebook conversions.