As part of the Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy, today the Queensland premier announced a new $100 million program for small businesses to help businesses affected by the shutdown to come out of hibernation and adapt to the new landscape.
Amongst other things, this program will allow small and micro businesses apply for grants up to $10,000 to help businesses: move online with new websites and online shops, increase their digital capabilities with things like mobile apps, or to build their business through marketing and communications activities like video marketing.
This is a tremendous opportunity for businesses to pivot and take advantage of this government program.
As part of the application, one of the questions you will be asked is to provide:
a statement describing how the funding will contribute to your small business during the COVID-19 crisis in terms of employment retention or outcomes, business capability and resilience, continuity, diversification, and/or digital capability of the business.
And that’s where we can help. Bang Media can help you formulate your digital strategy and provide you with a detailed statement for your application. More importantly, if your grant is approved, we can execute your digital strategy.
Give us a call or send us an email today.
In a nutshell:
The programs aims to help businesses out of hibernation and to adapt to the new landscape by accessing digital technologies, responding to online opportunities, upskilling and reskilling business owners.
The funding can be used towards:
- Financial, legal or other professional advice.
- Strategic planning, financial counselling, or business coaching.
- Building the business through marketing and communication activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc)
- Digital/technological strategy development.
- Digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models.
- Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements.
- Specialled digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online.
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
To be eligible you must:
- Have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by the current shutdown.
- Demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23rd March 2020, over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19.
- Employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant.
- Have a valid ABN
- Be registered for GST.
- Have a Queensland headquarters.
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 for the last financial year.
- Have a payroll of less than $1.3 million.
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
To apply for the grant, or for more information see the government’s website: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption