So you’ve probably heard that the best way to gain followers on your business social media platforms is to create awesome content that captures the attention of followers and social media users. But sometimes, it can be hard to think outside of the box and create content that engages your audience. But don’t stress, we’ve got your back!
- Reshare content that you know that your audience already loves. Don’t be afraid to reshare your own content that has resonated and engaged well previously.
- Prioritise video content over text or photos. Facebook users watch over 100 million hours of video per day, making it one of the best content forms that resonate with users on that platform.
- Talk about your topic/field, not just your brand. Take people behind the scenes and teach them about the topic, not just your brand. People are curious beings and always enjoy learning more about topics that interest them.
- Respond to all comments made on your page. For social media to be social, you need to be social too. Go a step further and make sure that all your engagements with customers are personalised, as this will show a human side to your business.
- Do not underestimate the power of humour when creating your content. Don’t be afraid to utilise funny GIFS and pictures when responding to comments to show personality and humanise your business.
- Perform a social media take over and let somebody else within the company take over the social media for the day or week. This works especially well with Instagram stories. Sporting clubs often do this successfully, with a player posting videos of how their day might look (training, meals, downtime).
- Create a daily, weekly, or monthly series about your business or your products. Even better, look at developing a podcast that educates your audience about your business, products, and services.